Dortmund – Hoffenheim Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Dortmund 1-0 Hoffenheim
Date: 02.09.2022 | Match at: 19:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 5 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Dortmund – Hoffenheim Match Preview
- Two of the five clubs to have won at least three of their first four Bundesliga games of 2022/23 face off as Borussia Dortmund look for a third consecutive defeat of Hoffenheim. The home side will certainly desire a more comfortable result than their two 3-2 defeats of Hoffenheim last Bundesliga season, though a repeat would still represent a step forward after their incredible 2-3 loss to Werder Bremen in their previous Bundesliga home fixture.
- Dortmund midfielder Jude Bellingham assessed that his side “weren’t at our best again” in a narrow 1-0 win at Hertha Berlin, which is a terrifying prospect for opposition managers when considering they have now churned out the same four-game start to a Bundesliga season for four seasons in a row (W3, L1) and went on to finish third or better in each of the previous three!
- Having also secured three wins and two clean sheets, Hoffenheim fans must be delighted to be on par with the likes of Dortmund and Bayern Munich in their most prolific start to a campaign (in terms of points earned) since 2011/12. Manager André Breitenreiter, who took FC Zürich to league success in 2021/22, can have no better motivation for this game, as victory over Dortmund would see Hoffenheim top the Bundesliga standings, albeit perhaps only temporarily.
- If they are to return to UEFA competition after a Europa League appearance in 2020/21, Hoffenheim need to prove their recent magical 3-0 win at Leverkusen, that Breitenreiter described as “a really good performance to build upon”, was no fluke. Failing to create regular upsets away from home last Bundesliga season, illustrated by a W1, D2, L4 record as travelling underdogs, held back the promise and progress that is now beginning to blossom.
- Players to watch: Dortmund have won their last six games in all competitions when Marco Reus was on the scoresheet, including a defeat of Hoffenheim. Meanwhile, Christoph Baumgartner has scored Hoffenheim’s first goal five times since the start of 2021/22, including on their previous trip to Dortmund.
- Hot stat: The seven previous H2Hs have averaged four total goals per game.