Salernitana – Empoli Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Salernitana 2-2 Empoli
Date: 05.09.2022 | Match at: 17:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 5 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Salernitana – Empoli Match Preview
- Salernitana seem determined to make full use of the lifeline they were given last season in retaining their Serie A (SA) status, after producing a three-game unbeaten run following their opening day loss (W1, D2). An 88th minute equalizer rescued them a point in a 1-1 draw against Bologna last time out, again proving their fighting spirit. That made it only two losses suffered in their last 12 top-flight matches (W5, D5).
- The Arechi Stadium will be awaiting the Garnets with open arms after the 4-0 demolition of Sampdoria in their last home game, where the fact Salernitana kept a clean sheet might’ve been the most surprising aspect, after producing only one home league shutout across the whole of last season. Empoli look set to test that new defensive resolve though, especially as Salernitana conceded first in both H2Hs last term, including four first-half goals at home!
- Empoli themselves have put together a three game SA unbeaten run after losing their league opener, but three draws takes the shine off that achievement, especially considering they scored first in the last two matches. It’s clear a lack of goalscoring threat that is hindering their progression, something highlighted by failing to score more than a single goal in eight of their last nine matches.
- The Blues away form does little to inspire confidence as well, considering they’ve won only one of their last 14 away matches (D6, L7). Perhaps Manager Paolo Zanetti will recognise taking a break over the weekend is a blessing, since his side have lost only once in their last five matches played on a Monday (W3, D1).
- Players to watch: Salernitana’s Boulaye Dia has scored in back-to-back games, contributing to six of his last seven goals coming at home, while Empoli’s Sam Lammers has scored his side’s opener in five of his last six goalscoring outings.
- Hot stat: Nine of Salernitana’s last 12 SA matches have seen the half-time result replicated come full-time.