Burnley – Norwich Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Burnley – Norwich
Date: 09.09.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 9 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Burnley – Norwich Match Preview
- Despite only a 98th minute equaliser preventing Burnley from beating West Brom (1-1), boss Vincent Kompany was frank in his assessment that his side didn’t deserve to win the game. With that draw at The Hawthorns bringing down the curtain on three games in six days for Burnley, Kompany admitted his players were jaded, but with a week’s rest under their belt ahead of the visit of Norwich, Burnley should be ready to go again.
- For the fourth time this season, Burnley kick-off the weekend’s Championship action with a Friday night game, though it has brought a mixed-bag of results so far (W1, D1, L1). The Clarets will hope to tip the balance in favour of the win column here, and with six victories from the last seven league H2Hs at Turf Moor (D1), you wouldn’t bet against Burnley doing so.
- Norwich have had no such issues of late, clocking up five Championship wins in a row to rocket themselves firmly into the promotion picture. That run culminated in a 3-0 victory over Coventry City last weekend, but boss Dean Smith is keeping his feet planted firmly on the ground, stating he “wants to be top after 46 games”, a challenge Norwich have risen to in their two prior Championship promotion campaigns.
- Winning at Burnley for just the third time in their history (D5, L15) would at least see Norwich occupy top spot ahead of Saturday’s fixtures. Yet a three-match winless run in Friday-held Championship away games threatens to derail those hopes, while interestingly, Norwich’s first-ever Championship road trip on a Friday actually came at Turf Moor, a game they lost 2-0!
- Players to watch: Burnley’s Vitinho was fielded as a winger against West Brom, but tends to have a bigger impact from full-back, scoring from left back on his last Turf Moor outing. Meanwhile, Teemu Pukki finally got off the mark for the season last weekend and netted the final goal in the last H2H.
- Hot streak: Norwich’s four Championship away games this season have all been settled by a single-goal margin (W2, L2).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Burnley – Norwich Predictions and Betting Tips 09.09.2022"