Napoli – Spezia Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Napoli 1-0 Spezia
Date: 10.09.2022 | Match at: 14:00 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 6 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.50 | Bookie: Unibet.
Napoli – Spezia Match Preview
- An eye-catching 2-1 victory at the Stadio Olimpico against Lazio in Napoli’s last Serie A (SA) match was followed by a stunning performance in the UEFA Champions League (UCL) on Wednesday night. For only the second time ever the Partenopei scored 3 or more goals during the first half of a UCL match, blowing away Premier League giants Liverpool 4-1 in the process.
- That result means Luciano Spalletti’s men have now netted exactly four goals in two of their three home outings this term (W2, D1) and their attacking intent is well evidenced by the fact that Napoli have produced the most shots of all SA teams so far (98). Considering Spezia, who have attempted the fewest (42), are the next visitors to Naples, this looks set to be another one-sided display.
- It was perhaps one of the most shocking results of the 2021/22 SA campaign when Spezia won this fixture 1-0 a few days before Christmas, securing a second top-flight victory from as many matches at the Stadio Diego Armando Maradona in Naples (W2). However, after a mediocre start to this SA season (W1, D2, L2) and zero shots on target in their two prior away matches, albeit against Inter Milan and Juventus, another shock result doesn’t seem likely.
- Just a sole victory across their last nine away league outings (D2, L6) doesn’t make for good reading either, with Spezia now looking to stop another luckless attacking effort on the road in order to avert an unfortunate club record – they’ve never failed to score in three consecutive SA away matches. However, the last time they failed to score in successive league matches on the road they actually went on to win the third one – which was ironically the last away H2H!
- Players to watch: Napoli’s Piotr Zieliński registered two goals and an assist against Liverpool and has contributed to five goals across six H2Hs (G3, A2). Converting a penalty in the first SA H2H here, M’Bala Nzola already has four competitive goals for Spezia this term, with three arriving before the break.
- Hot stat: Five of Napoli’s six competitive matches this season have seen at least two goals scored before half-time.