Strasbourg – Clermont Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Strasbourg 0-0 Clermont
Date: 11.09.2022 | Match at: 12:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 7 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Strasbourg – Clermont Match Preview
- Strasbourg needed a penalty to draw 1-1 against Brest, albeit that was in a match they played with ten men for nearly an hour, prompting manager Julien Stéphan to declare it “a victory”. However whilst it may have felt like a win, that draw still leaves them winless after the first six games of a Ligue 1 campaign (D4, L2) for only the fourth time in their history, and for the first since 2005/06. But more ominously, two of the previous three seasons in which that happened saw Strasbourg eventually relegated.
- A return to “La Meinau” may not send the pulses racing then, but with only one loss across their last 12 home league games (W6, D5, L1) playing at home seems to be Strasbourg’s best bet for finally getting their first win of the campaign. In fact, as they’ve never conceded in Ligue 1 against opponents Clermont Foot (W2), this fixture may just prove to be the ticket to their revival.
- A result either way might not be a surprise as Clermont travel here on a ten-game drawless top-flight streak (W4, L6), after a 2-0 win in the last round saw them bounce back from two straight losses. It prompted a “we did what we had to do” remark from manager Pascal Gastien, who is the second longest-standing manager amongst the current crop of Ligue 1 bosses, which may be a matter of pride amidst the managerial partings across Europe this week.
- Gastien will, however, need to dig deep into that experience to guide his team out of a two-game away losing run. Their latest away loss at Marseille (1-0) even saw Clermont fail to record any shot on target for only the second time in their top-flight history underlining the amount of work that needs to be done.
- Players to watch: Strasbourg’s Habib Diallo has scored his last three league goals at home, each time witnessing goals at both ends. Meanwhile, Clermont’s Komnen Andrić has seen three of his last four goal contributions (G2, A2) arrive on the road.
- Hot stat: Six of Strasbourg’s last seven league home games stood 1-0 at half-time, with the hosts leading five times.