Almeria – Osasuna Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Almeria 0-1 Osasuna
Date: 12.09.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 5 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Almeria – Osasuna Match Preview
- Newly-promoted Almería have endured a mixed start to the season (W1, D1, L2) and will now host Osasuna on the back of a morale-destroying 1-0 defeat to Real Valladolid last weekend, in which they conceded in the 93rd minute. Not time for panic stations yet, but they’ve now recorded an inferior start to that of their 2014/15 campaign (W1, D2, L1) when they were eventually relegated, and having also lost at home on matchday five in that fateful season, perhaps history isn’t on their side here.
- Manager Rubi stated that the close-fought Valladolid match “should have ended in a draw’’ though it would have been a surprise if the game had ended goalless, considering his side haven’t witnessed a 0-0 since November 2021 in all competitions. That’s a run that benefitted from the Andalusians scoring in 12 consecutive league games until that Valladolid defeat, including a 2-1 win against last season’s La Liga (LL) top-four finishers Sevilla in their last home outing.
- Osasuna have made their best start to a LL campaign this century, as a stoppage-time winner saw them triumph 2-1 over Rayo Vallecano last time out, marking a third win from their opening four fixtures (L1). Jagoba Arrasate’s troops finished the weekend fifth in the standings after their win in Pamplona, and they will already have visions of at least matching their best-ever LL finish this century – having finished fifth in 2005/06.
- Arrasate spoke of the “immense joy’’ at winning three consecutive home games, but precautions need to be taken here as their sole loss this season arrived in their only away outing. In fact, Osasuna have a dismal recent away record, winning just one of their last eight LL away games (D2, L5) though they might feel confident about improving that record against an Almería side they’ve beaten in the last four league games, while they were also impressive when visiting promoted clubs last season (W2, D1).
- Players to watch: Largie Ramazani has scored two goals in Almería’s last two home games with both arriving as team-openers. Meanwhile, Barcelona loanee Ez Abde became the youngest Osasuna player (20 years and 216 days) to assist a goal on his top-flight debut this century and may be in line for a start here.
- Hot stat: Osasuna have scored one goal or less in seven of their last eight LL away outings!