Sporting – Tottenham Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sporting 2-0 Tottenham
Date: 13.09.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sporting – Tottenham Match Preview
- Could there be a better indication of Sporting Lisbon’s progress than three consecutive wins across two competitions, each with an increasingly larger margin? Whilst a 5-0 defeat of Tottenham to better their weekend league conquest of Portimonense (4-0) is significantly unlikely, pumping out nine goals to nought with 15 different starters will ensure no UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group D opposition will take them lightly. One player almost certain to start here is Sporting’s Marcus Edwards, who along with Tottenham’s Eric Dier both made their professional debuts with the opposing club!
- The club-record 14 UCL goals Sporting notched up in Group C last season was always going to be a hard act to follow, but a 3-0 away demolition of current Europa League (UEL) champions Eintracht Frankfurt was another feather in the cap of manager Rúben Amorim, who reportedly garnered interest as a replacement for the outgoing Thomas Tuchel at Chelsea. Amorim now boasts four wins from nine UCL matches during his current tenure (D1, L4), and with his side scoring 3+ goals in each win and conceding 4+ goals in three losses, Sporting’s recent UEFA appearances have certainly been action packed.
- Tottenham were temporarily relieved of a schedule that manager Antonio Conte slammed as “crazy” and “incredible” with the postponement of the most recent Premier League round, which should leave them physically fresh and may also ensure regular starters get plenty of minutes as they did in their 2-0 UCL home win over Marseille on the opening matchday.
- Conte’s side will be endeavouring to condemn Lisbon to a fourth consecutive UCL ‘loss to nil’ at home to English opposition and despite the rigours of a busy calendar, they remain undefeated in 13 matches across all competitions (W9 D4). It stands as the second-longest unbeaten run (by games played) of all 32 group-stage teams, only behind PSG’s 18 games (W14 D4), highlighting some remarkable consistency. Despite this impressive record, they did lose their last UEFA trip to Portugal when they went down 1-0 away to Paços de Ferreira in the previous UEFA Europa Conference League campaign (UECL), so Spurs will need to take precautions!
- Players to watch: Sporting winger Nuno Santos has found the net in two of his last three UCL fixtures, whilst Richarlison’s double against Marseille means he has now scored in three of five continental appearances in either Europe or South America.
- Hot stat: Sporting failed to score in five of their last six losses in all competitions.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Sporting 2-0 Tottenham Predictions and Betting Tips 13.09.2022"