Chelsea – Salzburg Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Chelsea 1-1 Salzburg
Date: 14.09.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Chelsea – Salzburg Match Preview
- Chelsea have been in the headlines of the footballing world recently, after a UEFA Champions League (UCL) matchday one loss to Dinamo Zagreb last week brought about the end of Thomas Tuchel’s 100-game tenure at the club. Graham Potter has now been thrust into the hot seat, and his first assignment – and first taste of managing in Europe’s elite club competition – involves trying to stop Chelsea from avoiding losing their opening two matches of a UCL campaign for the very first time.
- Regardless of their domestic form, which has been inconsistent so far this season (W3, D1, L2), the Blues more often than not step up on European nights, and have lost only six of their last 31 UCL matches (W19, D6). Stamford Bridge has a lot to do with this as well, seeing as Chelsea have only lost one of their previous 20 home UCL group stage games (W13, D6).
- Salzburg will arrive at the Bridge ready to compete, having held six-time champions AC Milan to a 1-1 draw in the opener of their fourth consecutive UCL campaign. That result may not have surprised many in Salzburg though, as the Austrian Football Bundesliga champions have been on fire this term, losing only one of their 11 matches (W9, D1), while keeping eight clean sheets.
- Unfortunately their fine form doesn’t translate to their continental travels, with Salzburg winning only two of their last 14 away European matches (D2, L10 – excluding qualifying). That includes failing to win a UCL away game last season (D1, L3), the first campaign in which they’ve failed to do so.
- Players to watch: Chelsea’s Raheem Sterling has scored 17 of his 24 UCL goals at home, and has never lost in this competition when finding the net (W18, D2). Meanwhile, Salzburg’s young star Noah Okafor has six goal contributions in his last six matches (G5, A1) after scoring the match opener with two of his previous three goals.
- Hot streak: Salzburg have lost their last five matches against English opposition, failing to score on four occasions.