Midtjylland – Lazio Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Midtjylland 5-1 Lazio
Date: 15.09.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 2 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Midtjylland – Lazio Match Preview
- Midtjylland started their second successive UEFA Europa League (UEL) campaign with a disappointing 1-0 defeat to Sturm Graz, despite playing the final 17 minutes plus injury time against ten men. The reigning Danish cup holders’ form is equally uninspiring ahead of their first ever competitive meeting with Lazio, having won just once since the start of August (D3, L5) and failing to beat Nordsjælland last weekend (1-1).
- The hosts are yet to win at the MCH Arena this season (D2, L3) and given the fact Midtjylland have never beaten any Italian opposition (D1, L3) it would be a surprise to see that run end here. However, Midtjylland have lost just one of their seven home UEL matches, excluding qualifiers (W3, D3), though that was against another Italian side in Napoli.
- Lazio opened their UEL campaign in style, scoring three goals inside the opening 30 minutes in a competitive match for the first time since February 2020, on their way to a 4-2 victory over Feyenoord. Maurizio Sarri’s men backed up that positive performance with their second clean sheet of the season when defeating Verona 2-0 on Sunday to collect their first consecutive wins of 2022/23.
- After three home matches in a row, Lazio travel to Denmark in search of their maiden away victory of this season (D2), but with just one win in their last 13 away European matches (D4, L8), finding another road win on the UEL stage might not be easy as it seems.
- Players to watch: Midtjylland’s joint-top scorer this season, Gustav Isaksen, has scored each of his four goals this term before the hour mark. In-form Luis Alberto netted the second fastest goal for Lazio in the UEL just after 183 seconds last week and rounded off the scoring in their latest domestic victory.
- Hot stat: Lazio have conceded exactly twice in seven of their last nine away UEL matches (W1, D1, L7).