Brentford – Arsenal Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Brentford 0-3 Arsenal
Date: 18.09.2022 | Match at: 12:00 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 8 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.68 | Bookie: Unibet.
Brentford – Arsenal Match Preview
- Brentford fans would have been relieved to hear Thomas Frank say it would take “something crazy special” to prise him away from the club, as they eye a top-half finish in the top flight for the first time since 1937/38. Frank has been linked with the vacant Brighton job after an impressive start to the season, in which his side Brentford lost just one of their opening six league matches (W2, D3).
- The Bees have been particularly impressive at the Brentford Community Stadium, where they have picked up both of their victories. They have actually lost only one of their last eight Premier League (PL) games on home soil (W5, D2), where they have a superb record in London derby matches, winning 17 of their last 22 at home (D3, L2).
- Hoping to end that run are Arsenal, who have still only suffered one blip this season. Mikel Arteta’s side lost 3-1 to Manchester United in their last league game, but have picked up 15 of an available 18 points so far (W5, L1), leaving them top of the PL table at the conclusion of matchday six and dreaming of a first top-flight title since 2003/04.
- Gunners defender Ben White says things are “very different” at the Emirates Stadium compared to last season, and that is highlighted by their goalscoring. Arsenal have netted during both halves in five of their seven matches, including three of their four games on the road, while they have also now won nine of their last 14 away league fixtures (L5).
- Key battle: England newboy Ivan Toney scored a hat-trick in his last match and was on the winning side in his only previous meeting with Arsenal. Trying to stop him will be Gunners defender White, who has lost just once in four meetings with Brentford (W2, D1), but kept only one clean sheet
- Hot stat: Brentford have actually won five of their six home league meetings with Arsenal (L1), although four of these came prior to World War II!