Canada – Qatar Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Canada 2-0 Qatar
Date: 23.09.2022 | Match at: 16:00 | League: FRIENDLY INTERNATIONAL | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Canada – Qatar PREVIEW
- Canada are stepping up their preparations for their first World Cup appearance in 36 years by taking on the hosts of football’s showpiece event, Qatar in a friendly at Vienna’s Generali Arena. It’s a chance for John Herdman’s side to perhaps build up a bit of momentum after a disappointing run of two defeats from their last three matches (W1) following their decisive 4-0 World Cup qualifying win over Jamaica back in March.
- Both of those defeats came against teams ranked outside FIFA’s top 60 nations, which could be seen as a source of embarrassment for Canada given their own FIFA ranking (#41). On paper then, Qatar (#48) look set to give Herdman’s side an even tougher test, though he’ll be hoping sturdy defensive performances can be the catalyst to get them back on track, because despite his side’s poor recent record, they’ve still conceded more than once in just one of their last 16 matches (W9, D4, L3).
- Although Qatar didn’t have to qualify for the World Cup on merit, they’re still worthy of their place, highlighted by some of their recent on-the-pitch achievements. They won the 2019 Asian Cup, finished third at the 2021 Arab Cup and made it to the semi-finals of the CONCACAF Gold Cup last year, whilst also coming into this clash on the back of a seven-match unbeaten run (W3, D4).
- This clash might be taking place at a neutral venue, however it’s possible that Qatar could be at a bigger disadvantage given almost all of their international stars ply their trade locally in the Qatar Stars League. Drawing first blood could be key to overcoming this potential handicap, especially as Félix Sánchez’s men are undefeated when scoring first since a 2-1 defeat to Iraq in 2017.
- Key battle: Canada forward Jonathan David arrives into this clash in good form after netting three goals in his last three club appearances. Defender Abdelkarim Hassan will be hoping to keep him quiet, and he can secure the joint-second highest number of all-time appearances for Qatar if he features here.
- Hot stat: Both teams have scored in just one of Canada’s last eight matches.