Moldova – Liechtenstein Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Moldova 2-0 Liechtenstein
Date: 25.09.2022 | Match at: 14:00 | League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE D – ROUND 6 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Moldova – Liechtenstein PREVIEW
- For Moldova, the mission is straightforward, they simply must beat Liechtenstein and hope Latvia lose against Andorra if they are to secure an instant return to League C of the UEFA Nations League (UNL). Moldova have actually already bettered their nine-point return from their 2018/19 UNL promotion campaign with ten to their name so far (W3, D1, L1), and their 2-1 victory over nearest rivals Latvia in midweek has at least kept their promotion dream alive going into the final day.
- Boss Serghei Cleșcenco won’t need reminding that any promotion aspirations first and foremost hinge on his side winning a third straight international, something Moldova haven’t achieved since 2008! But with Liechtenstein (#194) one of just three UEFA nations ranked lower than themselves (#177) by FIFA, Moldova may feel quietly confident of re-writing the history books a little here.
- With no promotion on the cards, and no possibility of being relegated as they sit in UNL’s basement tier already, Liechtenstein have nothing but pride left to play for in this edition. This campaign has been even worse than the last two for Liechtenstein, who at least won a game in each of their two prior competition forays, but alongside San Marino they are one of only two teams across all four UNL leagues to have lost every game this term.
- Despite those five UNL defeats, Liechtenstein certainly haven’t been completely embarrassed, losing by no more than a two-goal margin in each of those games. Yet their paltry one-goal haul across this campaign perhaps shows where their problem lies, with even that serving as merely a consolation strike three minutes into second-half stoppage time.
- Players to watch: Four of Ion Nicolaescu’s six UNL strikes have served as game openers, and just one more goal would see him become Moldova’s joint-second highest goalscorer of all time. Meanwhile, Liechtenstein’s Lukas Graber is familiar with the referee’s notebook, having been booked in two of his last four UNL appearances.
- Hot stat: Liechtenstein have conceded exactly twice in four of their five UNL games this campaign.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Moldova 2-0 Liechtenstein Predictions and Betting Tips 25.09.2022"