Hungary – Italy Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Hungary 0-2 Italy
Date: 26.09.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: UEFA NATIONS LEAGUE – LEAGUE A – ROUND 6 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.35 | Bookie: Unibet.
Hungary – Italy PREVIEW
- It all comes down to this for both Hungary and Italy, who are the only teams left in the UEFA Nations League (UNL) Group A3 who can reach the finals. Hungary’s superb 1-0 win away at Germany in their last match puts them firmly in the driving seat as they only need to avoid defeat here to secure their first-ever UNL finals appearance, which would perhaps be a fitting exit for Ádám Szalai who will end his international career after this deciding game.
- It will be a momentous night for Hungary boss Marco Rossi too, with the Italian born manager insisting “it will be a special match for me against Italy”. How Rossi would love to upset the nation of his birth, but with Italy the only side to beat this much improved Hungary side so far in this UNL edition (2-1), Rossi will know all too well that a spot in the finals isn’t assured just yet.
- With no World Cup to look forward to in November, Euro 2020 champions Italy can focus all their energy on this game, as they seek a second-successive finals appearance. The Italians subsequently do have experience of being in this type of pressured environment, with their UNL group last campaign also going down to the final day. Italy needed a win to fend off advances from the Netherlands that time, and Roberto Mancini’s side will need a repeat result to make the finals again here.
- A 1-0 victory over England helped set up this grandstand finish, with Mancini switching up his system in the absence of several big-hitters. Despite that tactical masterclass, the Italian boss insisted the spirit of his team was more important than the tactics, and it may be togetherness Italy need to see them over the line here considering nothing less than a win will do, something Italy have achieved just once in their last four UNL away outings (D2, L1).
- Players to watch: Szalai netted Hungary’s winner against Germany, meaning his last four international strikes have been game openers. Meanwhile, Giacomo Raspadori is becoming a lucky charm for Italy, with all three of his international scoring appearances ending in victory.
- Hot stat: Only one of Italy’s seven UNL away games has seen more than two goals.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Hungary 0-2 Italy Predictions and Betting Tips 26.09.2022"