Marseille – Sporting CP Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Marseille 4-1 Sporting CP
Date: 04.10.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 3 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Marseille – Sporting CP Predictions and PREVIEW
- Marseille briefly topped Ligue 1 after beating Angers 3-0 on Friday but they need to translate their superb domestic form into a UEFA Champions League (UCL) performance against Sporting Lisbon. Two UCL defeats ‘to nil’ this term means they’re under pressure to get something from their two games against the Portuguese champions otherwise they’ll face a battle to remain in Europe after Christmas.
- Perhaps surprisingly given their respective European pedigrees, these two sides have never met before and with Marseille just having the edge in their previous games against Portuguese clubs at home (W4, D1, L3), this could be a close-fought affair. The Stade Vélodrome might also provide the hosts with a boost as they were unbeaten in eight home European games (W5, D3) before losing 1-0 to Eintracht Frankfurt on matchday two.
- Sporting top Group D after beating Frankfurt and Tottenham Hotspur ‘to nil’ so will want to stay in control of the group as they head to France following their 3-1 league win over Gil Vicente on Friday. They’re slowly improving after a poor start to their league campaign, but in Europe they’ve hit the ground running despite not yet scoring before the hour-mark.
- This is Lisbon’s first away game in France since 2010, when they beat Lille 2-1 in the Europa League, but fresh from their joint-record 3-0 European away win at Frankfurt, they’ve good reason to feel confident of getting a result against the 1992/93 UCL winners as they look to emulate last season’s journey to the last 16.
- Players to watch: Gerson getting on the scoresheet could be a good omen for Marseille, who’ve won each of his last four goalscoring appearances ‘to nil’. Meanwhile, Marcus Edwards has scored during the second half in each of Sporting’s last two away fixtures.
- Hot streak: The team scoring first has won each of Sporting’s last nine fixtures (Sporting: W6, L3).