Salzburg – Dinamo Zagreb Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Salzburg 1-0 Dinamo Zagreb
Date: 05.10.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 3 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Salzburg – Dinamo Zagreb Predictions and PREVIEW
- This third UEFA Champions League (UCL) matchday could be looked back on as a decisive one for Group E, with all four participants heading into the evening with the potential of ending it at the top of the standings. Red Bull Salzburg and Dinamo Zagreb were widely expected to bid the competition farewell during the group stage, but Chelsea’s malaise could give the winner of this contest a strong hold on a top-two spot.
- Having recently tasted UCL knockout stage football for the first time when taking on Bayern Munich last season, the Austrian Bundesliga leaders (W7, D2, L1) have already proven themselves capable of progressing beyond this stage of the competition. Though progression won’t be secured here, extending an 11-game unbeaten run across all competitions (W7, D4) would at least ensure Salzburg at least don’t lose ground on the majority of the group.
- As Salzburg boss Matthias Jaissle himself conceded, Dinamo certainly cannot be underestimated after already beating Chelsea, something Salzburg themselves failed to do a week prior (D 1-1). Now six years after Dinamo advanced into the UCL group stage at Salzburg’s expense, the two back-to-back UCL legs between these clubs should now be a fascinating comparison of how far they have progressed since.
- could potentially see themselves level with both AC Milan and Chelsea on points if they can leave Austria with a draw. Taking home a shock win on the other hand would be a significant step forward for a club that have lost all but one of their 16 UCL group stage away games (D1) played since 2011/12.
- Players to watch: Croatian Salzburg midfielder Luka Sučić should enjoy taking on some compatriots, particularly after he scored in a shootout to help his nation qualify for the 2023 U-21 European Championships. A fellow member of that squad was young Dinamo midfielder Martin Baturina, who is still looking for his first assist or goal in a UEFA club competition after 11 appearances, though both his goals this season served to make the score 1-1.
- Hot stat: Salzburg’s 1-7 loss away to Bayern last season was the only one of their last six UEFA games to produce at least three total goals.