QPR – Reading Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
QPR 2-1 Reading
Date: 07.10.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 14 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
QPR – Reading Predictions and PREVIEW
- Queens Park Rangers were dominated for large periods of their midweek clash at league leaders Sheffield United, yet they still managed to come away with a 1-0 win, extending their unbeaten league run to four matches (W3, D1). Manager Michael Beale said it took “a lot of blood, guts and hard yards” to get that result, and he’ll be looking for more of the same against another promotion rival here in the shape of Reading.
- The hosts start the round a point below their third-placed opponents, so a victory could be huge for their aspirations of top-flight football. QPR might look to draw confidence from the 4-0 home success against the Royals back in January, which was a victory that ended a run of three H2Hs at Loftus Road without a win. They scored three goals before half-time in that win, and a similarly fast start could be on the cards here given all seven of their home goals this season have arrived before the break.
- Reading look a much different outfit to the one that narrowly escaped relegation in the last campaign however, and a hard-earned point at home to second-placed Norwich in midweek extended their own unbeaten run to three league matches (W2, D1). The 1-1 scoreline in that game means Reading have restricted their opponents to a goal or less in seven of their last nine league matches so QPR may have a tough task on their hands.
- A lot of the success Paul Ince’s side have enjoyed this season has been built on their home form which was the league’s best after eight rounds, but on the road it’s been a different story and they’ve instead continued a lot of the struggles they endured last season. Prior to the recent 1-0 win away at Wigan, the Royals had gone on a run of five away losses from their last six league outings (W1) – with all defeats coming to nil!
- Players to watch: Including his winning goal in midweek, Chris Willock’s last five QPR league goals have all arrived within the 15 minutes on either side of half-time. Meanwhile, Tom Ince scored Reading’s most recent winning goal on the road and is chasing a second career strike at Loftus Road here.
- Hot stat: Only Rotherham have scored fewer league away goals than Reading (two) coming into the round.