Sassuolo – Inter Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sassuolo 2-1 Inter
Date: 08.10.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 9 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.63 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sassuolo – Inter Predictions and PREVIEW
- In a historic fixture which saw the first-ever instance of a woman refereeing a Serie A (SA) fixture, Sassuolo notched up the club’s joint-biggest win by hammering Salernitana 5-0. That made it consecutive victories for the hosts, halting a four-game winless streak (D3, L1) and reigniting a top six push for Alessio Dionisi’s men.
- Impressively no side has kept more clean sheets than Sassuolo (five) in this league campaign, with three of those coming at home. That includes keeping AC Milan quiet and the home fans will hope to see a repeat against another San Siro club Inter Milan, especially as they’re the team that’s delivered two of the three joint-heaviest defeats for Sassuolo (both 7-0).
- Although they went into the clash as underdogs, Inter defeated Barcelona 1-0 during midweek to revive their Champions League campaign. Manager Simone Inzaghi said after the game that the result was a “wonderful night that marks the beginning of something”, no doubt hinting towards his side improving their faltering league form. It’s needed too, as they start the round level on points with their hosts and eight points behind leaders Inter after suffering three losses from their last four SA matches (W1).
- All three losses saw the Nerazzurri drop their guard after scoring the match opener, which will likely be a concern for Inzaghi. Of equal concern is their defensive performances in away games with Inter conceding three times in each of their last three SA away losses. The Milan side now run the risk of losing four away league games in a row for the first time since August 2016, a run that included a 3-1 away defeat to Sassuolo!
- Players to watch: New Sassuolo signing Agustín Álvarez could be pressing for a start after contributing a goal and an assist in their last two wins. Inter’s Lautaro Martínez has contributed five goals (G3, A1) in his last three SA away games against Sassuolo, all coming in victories.
- Hot streak: The last four H2Hs have seen the opener scored by the 25th minute.