Nottingham – Aston Villa Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Nottingham 1-1 Aston Villa
Date: 10.10.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 10 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Nottingham – Aston Villa Predictions and PREVIEW
- Following a 4-0 drubbing at the hands of Leicester in the previous round, rumours around the immediate future of Nottingham Forest manager Steve Cooper almost reached boiling point. Although reports suggested that Forest had been flirting with bringing in Rafa Benítez, they instead appointed a new sporting director in the form of Filippo Giraldi after deciding to retain Cooper’s services and extend his contract up until 2025.
- Conceding 18 goals across the last five games highlights Forest’s major downfall, which probably wasn’t helped by signing a record 22 players during the summer in a massive shake-up to what was one of the Championship’s meanest defences in 2021/22 (0.87 goals conceded on average). Despite their woeful defensive record this season, Forest have at least scored twice in a pair of 3-2 defeats in their last two home games.
- In stark contrast to their hosts, Aston Villa have arrested a run of 11 straight Premier League (PL) games without a clean sheet with back-to-back shutouts ahead of this (W1, D1). Those improved performances were timely, with the pressure mounting on boss Steven Gerrard’s shoulders to improve form as the ever present axe looms large.
- However the Villains have now failed to win five straight PL away games (D1, L4), despite scoring the opening goal twice during that run. There’s been glimmers of improvement though, with Villa picking up their first away point of the campaign in their last trip (0-0 vs Leeds). A visit to the City Ground should provide them with a great chance to rack up some goals too as no side coming in the round had faced more shots (136) or shots on target (56) than Forest in this PL campaign.
- Players to watch: Taiwo Awoniyi is the only Forest player to score more than once in home league action this term, both of those goals were first-half match openers. In rather curious circumstances, three of John McGinn’s last four Villa goals came in 3-2 defeats, although he bagged a first-half brace in their last visit to the City Ground, an eventual 3-1 win.
- Hot stat: No side has lost more games against promoted opponents in PL history than Villa’s 48, a run which includes defeats in three of the last four such games (W1).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Nottingham 1-1 Aston Villa Predictions and Betting Tips 10.10.2022"