Napoli – Ajax Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Napoli 4-2 Ajax
Date: 12.10.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 4 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.42 | Bookie: Unibet.
Napoli – Ajax Predictions and PREVIEW
- Following a record-breaking 6-1 win in Amsterdam last week, Napoli boss Luciano Spalletti highlighted that his side “must not lose focus”. They heeded those words and ran out 4-1 winners in Serie A over the weekend, extending Napoli’s competitive winning run to eight straight games and keeping them on course for a first Scudetto since 1990!
- Continuing that fine form in the UEFA Champions League (UCL) seems likely, not least because Napoli have only lost one home game in Europe’s premier competition since the beginning of the 2017/18 campaign (W8, D3). Despite that fine home record, they’ve only progressed once from three group attempts since then, but Napoli can secure their progression to the knockouts this time around with two games to spare should they run out victorious!
- Ajax manager Alfred Schreuder made an honest, albeit controversial admission that they’re battling it out with Rangers for a Europa League spot following the 6-1 drubbing last time out. That’s probably realistic considering the club conceded six goals on their own patch in European competition for the very first time, although Ajax do have two games in which they can seal progression in some capacity ahead of their final group clash in Glasgow.
- After some time to reflect, and a commanding 4-2 Eredivisie win over Volendam, Ajax can perhaps look at the positives ahead of this trip to Napoli including going unbeaten in 21 of their last 23 away games in the UCL (W11, D10). Throwing cold water on that stat while giving stock to Schreuder’s inferiority complex, is the fact that Ajax are winless in the last five games against Italian opposition (D2, L3).
- Players to watch: With four goals and three assists across his last five games for club & country, Napoli’s Khvicha Kvaratskhelia can equal a career-record six consecutive goal contributing games should he score or assist here. As for Ajax, Mohammed Kudus has scored before half-time in all three of their group games during this tournament.
- Hot stat: Napoli have failed to win three of their four home encounters with Dutch opponents (W1, D1, L2).