Valladolid – Celta Vigo Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Valladolid 4-1 Celta Vigo
Date: 19.10.2022 | Match at: 18:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 10 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Valladolid – Celta Vigo Predictions and PREVIEW
- A miserable start to the La Liga (LL) season for Real Valladolid has left them just a point clear of the relegation zone after nine rounds, having won just twice so far this term (D2, L5). Their latest setback came at the hands of fellow strugglers Espanyol, with Valladolid losing 1-0 whilst managing just two shots on target across the 90 minutes, although manager Pacheta remained defiant, stating that the defeat was not “a step backwards”.
- Pacheta might be quietly concerned however, as scoring goals at home hasn’t exactly been his side’s strong suit, with Valladolid netting just once in four games at the José Zorrilla Stadium (W1, D1, L2) this LL term. Combine that with the fact that Valladolid have won just two of the last ten top-flight H2Hs on their own turf (D2, L6) and there’s currently little reason to be optimistic about their chances of securing a potentially crucial victory.
- Celta Vigo aren’t in great form themselves though as they have lost four of their last five league games (W1), including a 2-1 defeat to Real Sociedad at the weekend to leave them in LL’s bottom half. Manager Eduardo Coudet’s mood won’t have been improved by Gonçalo Paciência’s dismissal after the final whistle in that contest, with the Argentinian coach needing to turn things around quickly if the club are to return to European competition for the first time since 2017.
- Celta will need to remedy some LL travel sickness in order to do that, having lost three of their four road trips this season and scoring just two goals in the process (W1). It’s not just a recent problem for the Sky Blues either, who have won just three league games away from home in 2022 (D3, L9), although their away record here could inspire a turnaround as they look to avoid four straight away league defeats for the first time since Sept-Nov 2019.
- Players to watch: Valladolid midfielder Roque Mesa has enjoyed a positive return from his personal meetings with Celta, boasting a 50% win rate (W6, D3, L3). He’ll be one of those charged with stopping Iago Aspas, who has terrorised Valladolid down the years, scoring eight goals in nine appearances against them, whilst never ending on the losing side (W4, D5).
- Hot stat: Five of the last six H2H meetings have ended as a draw.