Almeria – Girona Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Almeria 3-2 Girona
Date: 20.10.2022 | Match at: 18:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 10 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Almeria – Girona Predictions and PREVIEW
- A 3-1 derby day defeat to Andalusia rivals Real Betis was the latest in a long line of disappointments for Almería, who have now lost five of their last six La Liga (LL) outings (W1). Those defeats saw the newly-promoted outfit score just a single goal, so finding their shooting boots could be crucial to regaining form and avoiding an immediate return to the second tier.
- Keeping the back door closed remains a top priority for Rubi’s men as well, as his side are yet to keep a clean sheet so far this season – one of just three sides in LL yet to secure one after nine rounds, alongside Elche and this game’s opponents Girona! Returning to the Power Horse Stadium should serve Almería well though, as they’ve won all but one of their points so far on home soil, after winning two of their four matches here (W2, L2).
- Girona come to town for the first ever H2H in the top flight in similarly miserable form, and are currently winless in their last four games (D1, L3). Also promoted last season, struggles on the road are plaguing Michel’s men with just one of their points coming away from the Estadi Montilivi, that coming through a 92nd minute penalty in a 1-1 draw with Mallorca.
- They are unbeaten in their last four visits to Almería though (W2, D2), keeping a clean sheet in the last three, a record that’s sure to fill their players with confidence of pulling clear of the relegation zone. They can also take heart from a previous meeting with newly-promoted opposition after beating Valladolid 2-1 earlier in the campaign, a side Almería lost 1-0 against back in September.
- Players to watch: El Bilal Touré could pose Almería’s main threat as he’s netted in both of his previous two appearances, each one ending in a 3-1 scoreline (W1, L1). Up against him will be Girona frontman Cristhian Stuani who has six goals and six personal H2H wins in his career.
- Hot stat: Just two of the last seven H2Hs have seen both sides score.