Blackpool – Preston Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Blackpool 4-2 Preston
Date: 22.10.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 17 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Blackpool – Preston Predictions and PREVIEW
- Another dismal display in defeat to Hull City in midweek made it just one win from Blackpool’s last seven Championship outings (D2, L4), and saw them slip to 21st in the table, just two points adrift of the relegation zone. The Seasiders have now conceded three goals in each of their last two games as their defence showed plenty of cracks, but a high-stakes Lancashire derby may be the perfect fixture to respond after such a disappointing run of performances, and manager Michael Appleton believes he “shouldn’t need to do anything” to motivate his players for this local matchup.
- Bloomfield Road is bound to be raucous for Preston North End’s visit, which may well play into Blackpool’s hands, as they’ve lost just one of the last eight H2H meetings on home soil (W3, D4). Just one of those victories came in this century though, coming this time last year via a 2-0 scoreline to send the Seasiders into the top half of the table, a far cry from where they sit ahead of their latest clash.
- Preston make the short trip west off the back of a “good footballing performance” as labelled by manager Ryan Lowe, to beat Huddersfield Town and arrest a two-match losing streak in the process. With that latest victory, Lowe’s men moved to within two points of the Championship play-off places, providing further inspiration to his players to claim consecutive league wins for just the second time this campaign.
- The Lilywhites now boast the best away record in the division, losing just once and picking up 15 points from their eight road trips. Their water-tight defence has been the bedrock of that stellar return, conceding just four goals away from Deepdale, a record only Luton Town can match. Ten clean sheets from their 16 games prove they’re a tough nut to crack too, and will likely form the foundation of any success in this fixture for North End.
- Players to watch: Veteran forward Gary Madine scored in this fixture last season, part of a career total of four goals against Preston, his second-best tally against any opposition. His opposite number Emil Riis has netted four times this season, and he’s been on the winning side in 16 of his goalscoring appearances for the Lilywhites (D3, L3).
- Hot stat: Just two of the last 11 H2H meetings have seen both sides finish on the scoresheet.