Sassuolo – Verona Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sassuolo 2-1 Verona
Date: 24.10.2022 | Match at: 19:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 11 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sassuolo – Verona Predictions and PREVIEW
- Despite sitting in the top half of the Serie A table (SA) after ten rounds, Sassuolo have equalled their lowest points tally at this stage since 2017 (W3, D3, L4). All four of those defeats came to teams currently lying above them in the standings, with Atalanta and Inter Milan inflicting consecutive losses on Alessio Dionisi’s men ahead of this clash. Both defeats came by a narrow 2-1 scoreline though, with the boss insisting he was “proud” of their performance in their most recent outing despite leaving Atalanta empty-handed.
- Home hasn’t exactly been where the heart is for Sassuolo of late though, with just two wins to their name across their last eight league outings at the Mapei Stadium (D2, L4). Sassuolo have also won just one of their last four H2H meetings with Hellas Verona at this venue (D1, L2), so there’s reason to believe their visitors could again cause them trouble in their latest clash.
- Verona won’t be the most confident of travellers after a run of five consecutive league defeats sees them head into the weekend inside the relegation zone. That dismal sequence cost Gabriele Cioffi his job, with new coach Salvatore Bocchetti unable to turn their fortunes around in a 2-1 defeat to defending champions AC Milan, though he will perhaps see this as a kinder fixture on paper in which to secure his first win in charge.
- Each of those five successive SA losses saw Verona concede exactly twice, so sorting out their leaky defence which ranks amongst SA’s worst, will be high on Bocchetti’s agenda as he seeks to kickstart their revival. The Mastiffs also remain one of seven SA sides yet to win on the road so far this campaign (D2, L3), but they did manage a 4-2 success in this fixture last season, perhaps inspiring belief that they can break their duck away from home.
- Players to watch: Sassuolo midfielder Davide Frattesi is his side’s top scorer in SA this season, but is yet to finish on the winning side when he’s found the back of the net this term (D1, L2). Verona frontman Thomas Henry will be looking to end an eight-game goalscoring drought, and having netted against Sassuolo last season while lining up for Venezia, he may feel confident of doing so here.
- Hot stat: Sassuolo have avoided defeat in just one of the six games they’ve conceded in this season (D1).