Sevilla – FC Copenhagen Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sevilla 3-0 FC Copenhagen
Date: 25.10.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 5 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sevilla – FC Copenhagen Predictions and PREVIEW
- The UEFA Champions League (UCL) ambitions of at least one club will come to an end at Estadio Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán, with Sevilla and Copenhagen both needing six points from their final two Group G games – as well as other results going their way – to have any chance of advancing to the Round of 16. We should expect two see two fired-up sides take to the field however, with both knowing that victory here will ensure continued European involvement in the spring.
- Sevilla’s 2022/23 woes continued when returning manager Jorge Sampaoli suffered the first loss of his new tenure courtesy through a late collapse at the Bernabéu (L 3-1). Whilst a win at Real Madrid always appeared a stretch too far given their 14-year drought away to the current UCL title holders, undoing the hard work of a second-half equaliser would have been particularly frustrating for Sampaoli. His side have ‘won’ the second half just twice across all competitions this season (D4, L9), which has contributed significantly to their UCL struggles.
- Copenhagen’s defence continues to do the heavy lifting, with scoreless draws at home against both Sevilla and group leaders Manchester City keeping their slim hopes alive. As the only remaining team of this UCL group stage yet to score, it’s a miracle they’re even in the hunt at all this deep into the tournament!
- Similarly to their hosts, Copenhagen have struggled as a game wears on, lamenting one of Denmark’s poorest conversion rates when scoring first in the Superliga (W5, D2, L3) whilst also needing penalties to get past second-tier Hobro in the Landspokal Cup since their last UCL engagement. Combine that with their continental scoring issues and their chances of finding their inaugural victory against Spanish opposition (D5, L8) appear bleak.
- Players to watch: Sevilla midfielder Thomas Delaney once again faces his childhood club, for whom he made nearly 250 professional appearances and won nine trophies. Lukas Lerager was an early scorer in Copenhagen’s fifth Conference League group stage game of last season, and will attract the careful watch of match officials after bookings in his last three competitive appearances.
- Hot streak: Copenhagen have scored one goal or less in each of their last 14 consecutive matches across all competitions.