Inter – Plzen Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Inter 4-0 Plzen
Date: 26.10.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 5 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Inter – Plzen Predictions and PREVIEW
- Inter Milan needed a stoppage-time goal to edge past Fiorentina 4-3 on Saturday and make it three consecutive Serie A wins, thereby extending their unbeaten run to five competitive matches (W4, D1). The only blotch in that streak was at Camp Nou when Inter were underdone by a late equalising goal in a 3-3 draw but holding head-to-head advantage over Barcelona means a win against Viktoria Plzeň will confirm their progression from UEFA Champions League (UCL) Group C.
- The hosts will see this as a crucial contest as they won’t want to be going into the final matchday needing a result against Bayern Munich who are the only side to defeat them in this UCL campaign (W2, D1, L1). That was one of only two defeats from their last nine UCL group stage matches (W5, D2), with the other coming against last season’s competition winners Real Madrid, so confidence in the home dressing room is sure to be high.
- Plzeň are coming off a 3-1 weekend win that means they are still unbeaten in their domestic league campaign (W10, D2). That’s in stark contrast to their UCL group stage form which has seen them lose all four games and concede 4+ goals in three, with the 2-0 reverse fixture defeat the lone exception. Despite their poor European campaign, they are still mathematically in the race to finish third and qualify for the Europa League for the fourth time in as many UCL group stage attempts.
- That would need Plzeň to arrest their losing trend but a poor UCL group stage record (W4, D3, L15) highlights how they often fail to shine at this stage. If they can upset the odds here to buck that trend, it would earn them a footnote in history as no Czech side has ever won an away game against an Italian club in ten previous UCL/European Cup games (D3, L7).
- Players to watch: After four goals in three matches, Inter’s Lautaro Martínez will look for just his second ever home UCL goal, after seven of his previous eight came on the road. For Plzeň, Tomáš Chorý has four goal contributions across three games (G2, A2) and will look for another strike here as his last two UCL away goals came in 2-1 wins.
- Hot stat: Inter have scored 12 of their last 14 UCL goals in the second half.