Fenerbahce – Rennes Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Fenerbahce 3-3 Rennes
Date: 27.10.2022 | Match at: 17:45 | League: EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 5 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Fenerbahce – Rennes Predictions and PREVIEW
- Tied on ten points, it’s been a strong UEFA Europa League (UEL) campaign for both Fenerbahçe and Rennes who clash here having already secured their places in Group B’s top two. This game is far from a dead rubber though with the winner of the group set to head straight into the last 16, while the runner-up must face off against a Champions League third-place finisher. The Turkish side will be confident of taking a big step towards the top spot, given they’re coming into this contest having won nine of their last ten competitive home matches (D1), two of which came in this competition.
- Fenerbahçe’s win over İstanbul Başakşehir at the weekend maintained their place at the top of the Süper Lig standings, although they left it late, scoring the game’s one and only goal in the 84th minute. That was the first time in ten home competitive outings that they failed to score more than two goals, but having scored more than once in their last six UEL matches (W5, D1) the home fans will be hoping to see Fenerbahçe back to their attacking best here.
- Rennes sit inside Ligue 1’s top four and travel east in fine form themselves, winning each of their last six competitive matches. Similarly to their hosts, they left it late at the weekend, scoring a stoppage-time penalty to seal a 2-1 win at Angers, and in doing so they made it four occasions from their last five matches in which they’d scored at least one goal after the 75th minute.
- The spoils were shared when these two last met on matchday two (2-2), yet the visitors will be looking for revenge given they blew a 2-0 lead in that contest. Rennes’ record on the road in this competition isn’t great though, with eight defeats across their last 11 group stage trips (W3), though they could win a third straight UEL away game here for the very first time – each of the last two were by a one-goal margin.
- Players to watch: Fenerbahçe’s Diego Rossi is yet to score in this season’s UEL, although he does boast two goals in his last two appearances, both coming in the final ten minutes of the match. Rennes’ Benjamin Bourigeaud has two assists in his last two matches and also comes into this round having attempted more corners than any other player in the competition (18).
- Hot stat: Ahead of gameweek five, Fenerbahçe had committed more UEL fouls than any other side (67).