Birmingham – QPR Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Birmingham 2-0 QPR
Date: 28.10.2022 | Match at: 20:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 18 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.32 | Bookie: Unibet.
Birmingham – QPR Predictions and PREVIEW
- It has been a typically standard beginning to the Championship campaign for Birmingham City, whose 20-point haul so far this campaign (W5, D5, L6) sits within three points of each of their four prior seasons at the same stage. Following a 1-2 defeat at Blackburn in the most recent clash, manager John Eustace praised an “excellent” effort, but ultimately attributed the result to a lack of discipline and focus in defence.
- A swift return to St Andrew’s may provide some solace for the Blues following a three-game unbeaten run of league games (W1, D2) within the comforts of home. Another positive result would match their longest Championship unbeaten run at home since 2019, but standing in their way are promotion hopefuls Queens Park Rangers (QPR), a side Birmingham have beaten just three times across all venues in the last decade (D4, L10).
- By rejecting advances from Wolves and publicly distancing himself from a return to Aston Villa with an emphatic “no chance” to the media, QPR boss Michael Beale displayed not only his loyalty to the club, but a burning desire to become a Premier League manager via promotion. Now that their 2-1 win over Wigan last round maintained their strongest Championship start since being promoted in 2013/14, Beale and QPR are tracking nicely.
- Strong away form has been instrumental to the R’s success so far, with just two defeats across their last seven Championship road trips (W4, D1) helping them to secure one of the strongest away records in the division. The early pace of this contest may be indicative of the result, with the side scoring first yet to lose when QPR take to the road in Championship football.
- Players to watch: Scott Hogan has scored Birmingham’s only goal in their last two games and also has two goals across his last four H2H starts. For the visitors, in-demand QPR man Ilias Chair has had a hand in 36% of their league goals this season (G3, A6), and his first ever goal in a QPR shirt came against none other than Birmingham!
- Hot stat: Birmingham and QPR are the only two remaining Championship sides yet to concede a goal in the opening 15 minutes.