Auxerre – AC Ajaccio Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Auxerre 1-0 AC Ajaccio
Date: 30.10.2022 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 13 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44 | Bookie: Unibet.
Auxerre – AC Ajaccio Predictions and PREVIEW
- Things haven’t really improved since Auxerre sacked former boss Jean Marc Furlan for showing opposition fans the middle finger twice at Clermont (D1, L1), with the club now part of a gaggle of sides separated by a point at the bottom of Ligue 1. Christophe Pélissier takes charge of his first game and could prove to be a shrewd signing for Auxerre after he achieved promotion with Lorient before consolidating their position in Ligue 1.
- All three of Pélissier’s opening games at new clubs produced exactly three goals (W2, L1), but he will hope for a repeat of the pair of 3-0 victories to get the fans on side early. Playing at home should buoy Auxerre as they’ve picked up two thirds of their points here, yet Pélissier has the small matter of fixing Auxerre’s winless streak which is currently the longest active Ligue 1 run without victory (D2, L6).
- Making the long trip across the Mediterranean is Ajaccio, the Ligue 1 new boys who have picked up 88% of their points haul across the last five rounds (W2, D1, L2). A 3-0 defeat to PSG last time out surprised few, but Ligue 1’s longest serving coach, Olivier Pantaloni, stated that he was “proud of what the players have shown” ahead of this crucial three-game run against direct relegation rivals.
- Improving on their league-low eight-goal haul must be the first priority for Pantaloni, as Ajaccio have not scored fewer at this stage of a top-flight season ever and finished rock-bottom when possessing an identical return at this stage in 2013/14. Goals will likely come at a premium here as well, with three consecutive goalless H2H draws in their latest meetings.
- Players to watch: Auxerre have scored exactly once in five straight games and M’Baye Niang scored their sole goal in two of those matches. Possibly making an impact from the bench will be Ajaccio’s Riad Nouri, who has played a league-high 237 minutes as a substitute this season and netted nine goals in their 2021/22 promotion campaign.
- Hot stat: Auxerre failed to win seven of their last eight Ligue 1 home games against promoted sides (D5, L2).