FC Porto – Atletico Madrid Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
FC Porto 2-1 Atletico Madrid
Date: 01.11.2022 | Match at: 18:45 | League: CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 6 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
FC Porto – Atletico Madrid Predictions and PREVIEW
- Three consecutive wins in Group B of the UEFA Champions League (UCL) for Porto has ensured they won’t face the ignominy of being denied progression by Atlético Madrid on the final matchday for a second season running. Last year’s 3-1 matchday six loss at home to their Spanish rivals should still serve as inspiration to rub it in, as Atlético fell at the group stage hurdle for the first time in five years after a dramatic 2-2 draw to Leverkusen.
- Porto’s players were seen celebrating wildly on the plane home after Yannick Carrasco’s costly missed penalty secured their progression for the seventh time from their last ten UCL appearances, but the job is far from done. When considering the eight group winners will avoid one another in the Round of 16, Porto still have plenty of incentive to pursue three points and hope that Leverkusen can assist them in leapfrogging Club Brugge to the top.
- Adding to the embarrassment of Atlético’s premature exit from the competition is the harsh reality that an already cash-strapped club will reportedly miss out on between €15-20 million in revenue as a result, which could force them to sell players in the January window and subsequently hurt their La Liga campaign. The heat is intensifying on Diego Simeone after a 3-2 league loss to Cádiz at the weekend, so he’ll be desperate not to lose to former teammate and now Porto manager Sérgio Conceição for the first time (W2, D1).
- Their home leg against Porto was their only taste of success (2-1) in this group stage, though it was far from convincing as Antoine Griezmann headed home a winner against a ten-man Porto in the first and only UCL game to feature three goals in second-half added time. Since that aforementioned 3-1 win at Porto to close out the 2021/22 group stage, Atlético have been defeated in three of four UCL away trips (W1) so there’s plenty of work to do if they’re to secure victory and a Europa League knockout round play-off spot.
- Players to watch: Penalty-taker Mehdi Taremi is in stellar continental form, recording Porto’s final goal in their last two UCL victories. Match-winner in the reverse leg, Antoine Griezmann has sharpened up for this rematch with goals in two of Atlético’s last three competitive away trips.
- Hot streak: The first half has not been the highest scoring half in any of Porto’s last 12 games across all competitions.