Midtjylland – Sturm Graz Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Midtjylland 2-0 Sturm Graz
Date: 03.11.2022 | Match at: 18:45 | League: EUROPA LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 6 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Midtjylland – Sturm Graz Predictions and PREVIEW
- This could be an explosive matchday six in Group F, the only remaining group in the UEFA Europa League (UEL) in which all four teams could still qualify but also be eliminated. Midtjylland currently sit in fourth place and springtime football via the Europa Conference League is still also firmly in play, but their superior goal difference means victory here would seal qualification in the UEL if Feyenoord fail to beat Lazio in the group’s other fixture. Qualification is not something they have managed since 2015/16, when progression earned them a tie with Manchester United, the memories of which should provide all the inspiration they need ahead of this clash.
- Albert Capellas’ men will need to overturn a poor run of results if they are to seal their place in the knockouts, as they’re now winless in each of their last three matches in all competitions (D1, L2). The Wolves are unbeaten on their own turf in this group stage though (W1, D1) which includes an impressive 5-1 beating of Lazio in mid-September, and they’d love a repeat to seal with style the continuation of their European journey into the new year.
- Sturm Graz need to avoid defeat in Denmark to progress to the knockout stages, yet winning the group may remain a priority given the calibre of teams dropping down from the UEFA Champions League. A 93rd minute goal downed Feyenoord in the last round, perfectly placing the Austrian outfit to secure their first progression from the group stage this century.
- Sturm have been in stellar form this campaign, losing just one of their last 17 competitive matches (W12, D4), a run that saw manager Christian Ilzer linked with succeeding Frank Kramer as Schalke boss. With that speculation now behind him, Ilzer can fully concentrate on steering his side towards the knockouts.
- Players to watch: Midtjylland’s Brazilian maestro Evander has directly contributed to five goals in as many UEL games (G1, A4) but looking to outshine him will be William Bøving, who has netted half of Sturm’s goals in the group phase.
- Hot stat: Midtyjlland have failed to keep a clean sheet in any of their last 15 home competitive matches (W5, D5, L5).