Lecce – Atalanta Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lecce 2-1 Atalanta
Date: 09.11.2022 | Match at: 18:30 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 14 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lecce – Atalanta Match Preview and PREVIEW
- Lecce’s return to the highest echelon of Italian football has been far from a fantasy thus far, with their recent form sending them spiralling down the Serie A (SA) table after their 1-1 draw with Udinese last time out extended their winless run to six (D3, L3). Manager Marco Baroni needs to mastermind a change of form sooner rather than later, with his side currently placed just three points above the relegation zone after 13 games played.
- A simple answer for the Salentians would be to improve their offensive prowess, as scoring only ten SA goals all campaign, the joint-second lowest return in the league, has hindered their progression. The Stadio Via del Mare faithful, who are yet to see their side win at home this season (D4, L3) might therefore be fearing the worst when Atalanta come to town, especially as Lecce have won only one of the last 18 H2Hs (D8, L9).
- Atalanta make the trip off the back of a defeat though, their second in their last three games (W1), after losing out 2-1 to current league leaders Napoli over the weekend. Gian Piero Gasperini’s men have lost ground on the SA table toppers as a consequence, and will now be keen to get back to winning ways and maintain their current top four status.
- Perhaps hitting the road is just what Atalanta need then, with the Goddess almost perfect on their travels this season, having won five of their six away matches and remaining undefeated (D1). They’ve been firing at both ends of the pitch during this run too, outscoring their opponents 10-2 in the process while also keeping five clean sheets.
- Players to watch: Lecce will be hoping Gabriel Strefezza can get them off on the right foot once again, as he’s scored his side’s opener in six of his last eight goalscoring outings. Atalanta’s Duván Zapata, who recently returned from injury, will be hoping he’s the main event here however, having terrorised Lecce in his two games against them, scoring four goals and providing an assist.
- Hot stat: Atalanta have scored first in 11 of their 13 SA matches this season, a joint-league high.