Rayo Vallecano – Celta Vigo Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rayo Vallecano 0-0 Celta Vigo
Date: 10.11.2022 | Match at: 19:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 14 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38 | Bookie: Unibet.
Rayo Vallecano – Celta Vigo Match Preview and PREVIEW
- Rayo Vallecano’s fans may still be recovering after seeing their side triumph 3-2 over Real Madrid last time out, becoming the first team to beat Los Blancos in La Liga (LL) this season. A complete performance filled manager Andoni Iraola with “pride” as his side climbed to the brink of the European places, with Rayo currently enjoying their third-best start to a top-flight season in their history.
- The Vallecans are now unbeaten in five matches (W3, D2), winning all of their last three and scoring nine goals in the process. The manner of their performances and stature of sides they’ve taken points from them this term has earned them plenty of plaudits, owning victories over Sevilla and Valencia, whilst also holding Barcelona and Atlético Madrid to draws, so they’re clearly comfortable mixing with the division’s elite.
- A miserable start to the season has left Celta Vigo far from that elite category this campaign, as they sit inside the relegation zone after their latest setback, a 2-1 defeat to Osasuna. Carlos Carvalhal became the fifth Celta manager in four years to lose his first game in charge, with the club currently in the midst of their joint-second worst start in the three-points-per-win era.
- Travel sickness has blighted the visitors this term, with the Sky Blues losing their last five LL road trips, conceding 15 goals in the process. Only basement dwellers Elche have let in more goals away from home ahead of this contest, so defence will be an area for improvement under the new boss, although hopes here remain slim regardless given their miserable recent record at Rayo, with Celta having lost ten of their last 11 top-flight visits (D1).
- Players to watch: Rayo winger Isi Palazón was instrumental in their victory over Real Madrid, and each of his three goalscoring appearances this season have ended in wins. Playing a lone hand at times, Iago Aspas remains Celta’s main threat, netting seven times in LL this season, exactly half of his side’s goal tally.
- Hot stat: Celta have conceded after the 75th minute in four of their last five LL away games.