Empoli – Cremonese Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Empoli 2-0 Cremonese
Date: 11.11.2022 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 15 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40 | Bookie: Unibet.
Empoli – Cremonese Match Preview and PREVIEW
- Despite a valiant effort, ten-man Empoli lost 2-0 at table-topping Napoli in midweek which consigned them to a third defeat across their last four games (W1). There are strangely still some positives to be taken though, as all three losses came against Serie A (SA) top-four hopefuls, whilst keeping Napoli quiet for more than an hour prompted manager Paolo Zanetti to revere it as “a matter of pride.”
- A win here would be the perfect way to cap that performance and go into the World Cup break with hopes raised of extending their two-season stay in the top-flight. Yet any Empoli victory may be a tight one given each of their three league wins this season have come via a 1-0 scoreline, while they also scored just a solitary goal in five of their last six SA home games (W2, D1, L3), with that sequence accounting for 50% of their points this season.
- Newly-promoted Cremonese will hope to ensure Empoli don’t get even one goal after holding title-hopefuls AC Milan to a goalless draw on Tuesday, in turn securing their fourth stalemate across five league games (L1). While they remain the only side yet to win in this SA campaign, manager Massimiliano Alvini was understandably quick to see the positives after the Milan game, before asking his side to “enhance the point” with a result against Empoli.
- However, falling on the right side of fine margins has been a problem for Cremonese, who have drawn the most matches in SA this season (seven) including four in a row on the road. While they search to end that run and secure a first-ever league win over Empoli (D5, L3), Cremonese may look for another quick start given their last three away team openers arrived before the 20th minute.
- Players to watch: Filippo Bandinelli has scored three of his last four SA goals at home, each time netting Empoli’s opener. Likewise, David Okereke has scored Cremonese’s first goal with each of his last three SA away strikes and has netted in both his prior games against Empoli.
- Hot stat: Empoli have picked up a solitary point after trailing in SA this campaign (D1, L6).