Rotherham – Bristol City Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rotherham 1-3 Bristol City
Date: 10.12.2022 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 22 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Match Preview Rotherham – Bristol City Predictions
- Manager Matt Taylor is hoping Rotherham’s trip to Cyprus will prove to be the perfect preparation for his side as they return to action following a four-week break for the World Cup. The Millers spent the back end of November at a warm weather training camp as they geared up for a busy period which sees them play five matches in three weeks.
- The first of those is a clash with Bristol City, a side Rotherham have not lost to at home in nine matches (W4, D5), a run that stretches back over 25 years! That will give supporters some confidence, given their side have picked up just one win in their last seven outings (D2, L4), although four points from their final two games before the international break has provided breathing space from the relegation zone.
- Sitting two points behind them, the Robins are one of the teams between Rotherham and the bottom three, with their manager Nigel Pearson under huge pressure after no wins in half a dozen outings (D3, L3). That has left City, who have to go back to October 18th for their last victory, in 18th place in the table and just one point clear of the danger zone.
- They have been particularly poor on the road, managing only two wins from ten attempts in league action (D3, L5), while only one team has collected fewer than their total of nine away points. If fans are looking for some kind of omen, however, each of those points was picked up north of Birmingham, thanks to wins at West Brom and Blackburn, alongside draws with Wigan, Blackpool and Middlesbrough!
- Players to watch: Rotherham defender Richard Wood scored in a 2-0 win when these two sides last met at the New York Stadium in 2020, one of five victories in 16 clashes with Bristol City (D5, L6). Whilst Wood might have an almost even record against the West Country outfit, Robins striker Nahki Wells has suffered a career-high nine defeats against the Millers (W3, D3), netting just three goals in the process.
- Hot stat: Bristol City’s away matches are averaging 3.30 goals per game – the joint most in the Championship.