Watford – Hull Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Watford 0-0 Hull
Date: 11.12.2022 | Match at: 16:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 22 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Match Preview Watford – Hull Predictions
- Defender James Morris believes Watford’s week-long trip to Spain has been “a great experience” as they prepare for a return to action. The Hornets have not played competitively since a goalless draw with Bristol City a month ago, but rounded off their training camp in Algorfa with a 1-1 draw in a friendly against Championship rivals Blackpool.
- The pause for the World Cup came at a bad time for the Vicarage Road outfit, who, after losing three of their first five matches under new boss Slaven Bilić, were on a run of four wins in six outings (D1, L1). That form propelled them into the play-off positions as they seek an immediate return to the Premier League, and they now go in search of a fourth win from five on home soil (L1).
- Standing in their way are Hull, who have also spent a week abroad, traveling to Antalya for a training camp, which included 1-1 draws with Turkish sides Trabzonspor and İstanbul Başakşehir. New manager Liam Rosenior believes the trip was ideal for his new team, saying it will “stand us in good stead” as it gave everybody a chance to “get to know each other.”
- The new boss will be hoping that plays out on the pitch, given his side have only picked up one win in his three games in charge so far (D1, L1) and sit just a single point above the relegation zone having conceded more goals than any other side in the division (39). The Tigers can look to their away form before the World Cup break as a source of inspiration though, as they stitched together a run of three wins and a draw from their last four road trips, netting ten goals in the process.
- Key battle: João Pedro is Watford’s joint-top league goalscorer this season with six strikes, and the Hornets have won four of his five goalscoring appearances to nil (L1). Trying to stop him will be Hull defender Cyrus Christie, who has won just one of his seven clashes with the Hornets (D4, L2), with three of those games ending 0-0!
- Hot stat: There have been an average of 3.05 goals in Hull’s league fixtures this season – the most in the Championship at the conclusion of matchday 21.