Reading – Swansea Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Reading 2-1 Swansea
Date: 27.12.2022 | Match at: 18:15 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 24 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Match Preview Reading – Swansea Predictions
- At the midway point of their respective Championship seasons, only goal difference saw Reading below Swansea in the middle of the table, with a run of just two wins from seven Championship games (D1, L4) certainly not helping the Royals’ promotion push. With just one win in their last 16 league encounters with Swansea too (D8, L7), the head-to-head history suggests regaining momentum immediately will be difficult.
- Returning to the Select Car Leasing Stadium should help Reading, who boast the Championship’s fourth-best home league record this season coming into this round of festive fixtures (W7, D1, L3). Little wonder then that manager Paul Ince confidently boasted “there’s nothing to be frightened of” ahead of the resumption! Scoring first may hold the key to building upon that impressive run, with Reading winning all six home league games when opening the scoring this season (W6).
- If anyone is to overhaul that record then it could be Swansea, who fought from 3-0 down to snatch a point against Coventry last time out. That was one of 11 points Swansea have collected this season after conceding first, which ranks amongst the league’s best, but yet another poor showing in the opening hour “hurt” frustrated boss Russell Martin.
- If there are parallels to be drawn with that Coventry game, then it will likely be the glut of goals, with the last four league H2Hs between these sides serving up a whopping average of 5.5 total goals per game! Swansea would certainly swap goals for points at this point of the campaign, though, with their current seven-game winless league run (D5, L2) threatening to derail their own top-six ambitions.
- Players to watch: Reading’s Tom Ince scored in the 4-4 draw these sides played out here last season, but his last three goals have all come in defeats. Meanwhile, Swansea’s Joël Piroe scored a first-half brace during that eight-goal thriller, but his last three goals have all arrived after half-time.
- Hot stat: Swansea have conceded first inside the opening half-hour in six of their last seven Championship games.
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Reading 2-1 Swansea Predictions and Betting Tips 27.12.2022"