Lorient – Montpellier Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lorient 0-2 Montpellier
Date: 29.12.2022 | Match at: 17:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 16 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Match Preview Lorient – Montpellier Predictions
- Starting the round in fifth and with 28 points from their opening 15 Ligue 1 games – their highest total at this stage of a top-flight season – Lorient still boast the title of being the division’s surprise package. Their momentum is starting to dwindle however, highlighted by a run of five league games without a victory (D3, L2) prior to the break.
- Manager Régis Le Bris has attracted plenty of early-season admirers during his first few months in charge of Les Merlus, yet history indicates opponents Montpellier have the potential to extend their current mid-season lull, even despite their own unremarkable campaign so far. That’s because Lorient have not won any of their last 11 Ligue 1 games against Montpellier (D5 L6), their worst ongoing run against a current top-flight side.
- For that reason, Montpellier might be glad to see Lorient as they’re bidding to end a rotten run themselves, with no league win in seven prior to the interval (D2, L5). That run cost former boss Olivier Dall’Oglio his job, meaning all eyes will now be on new manager Romain Pitau who came in just before the break. He’ll be desperate to bring some cheer to long-suffering Montpellier fans who’ve had the unenviable task of watching their side lose 22 Ligue 1 games this calendar year, with no other team losing more.
- Sitting 14th ahead of the round, the visitors could really do with finding some form if they’re to avoid a relegation dogfight this year. Whether a positive streak can start on the road here though remains to be seen, particularly as they’ve not travelled well this season, with only Nantes picking up fewer than their four away points prior to the break (W1, D1, L5).
- Key battle: During the league pause, Lorient announced the contract extension of defender Julien Laporte, who has made more defensive clearances than any other Ligue 1 player (89). Aiming to get the better of him will be Téji Savanier, who thrived in these fixtures last season, grabbing two goals and one assist across both H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Ahead of the break, no team saw more first-half match goals on average than Montpellier (1.80).