Cadiz CF – Almeria Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Cadiz CF 1-1 Almeria
Date: 30.12.2022 | Match at: 19:15 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 15 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.39 | Bookie: Unibet.
Match Preview Cadiz CF – Almeria Predictions
- Having suffered a Copa del Rey defeat to lower-league Real Unión in the club’s most recent competitive outing, bottom-three Cádiz will need to muster up the sort of spirit that saw them run Real Madrid close just prior to the World Cup break (L 1-2). A real test lies in wait here, and only a win would give last season’s lowest-ranked La Liga (LL) survivors any chance of occupying a safe berth come New Year’s Day.
- Many fans will see home victories against newly-promoted sides as a core element of continued survival. Last season brought modest albeit unbeaten returns from LL clashes at the Estadio Nuevo Mirandilla against newcomers (W1, D2), which will provide some source of encouragement – especially next to a commanding all-time H2H record against Almería (W10, D4, L1) – ahead of what is also the first LL H2H.
- Though they too are recent cup exiles to non-elite opponents (Arenteiro), and still in the sights of teams below them, Almería already sit four points better off than they did after playing the equivalent number of games in the club’s most recent successful survival campaign in LL (2013/14). They could extend that to seven points with what would also be their maiden H2H away win (D2, L6).
- Almería’s incentive to win here is even greater considering they have successive upcoming clashes against clubs that spent Christmas in the top-five following this fixture. Their away form provides little hope though, with August’s draw at Elche still accounting for their sole away point (L6 since). That said, the two defeats during that run which came against teams sitting below halfway at Christmas were via a mere 1-0 scoreline, suggesting that any tactical shifts need not be too drastic.
- Players to watch: Rubén Sobrino proved the hero in Cádiz’s last home game (W 3-2 vs Atlético Madrid) with a strike in the eighth minute of stoppage time, while Léo Baptistão struck the winner in Almería’s most recent league assignment. Both of his goals this term have come via headers.
- Hot stat: Cádiz are yet to concede a league goal inside the first 15 minutes of play this term.