Valencia – Cadiz CF Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Valencia 0-1 Cadiz CF
Date: 06.01.2023 | Match at: 21:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 16 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31 | Bookie: Unibet.
Valencia – Cadiz CF Predictions and PREVIEW
- Gennaro Gattuso will take his Valencia side into battle for more La Liga (LL) action after suffering a 2-1 derby defeat to Villarreal in their last LL outing. He believed the “fair thing would have been a draw’’ after that result, but there appears to be more than just injustice at play, considering his side have won just one of their previous seven LL matches (D3, L3).
- Tuesday’s 3-0 Copa del Rey win at La Nucía might provide a boost, but Valencia have won only one of their previous four league home matches (D1, L2), subsequently pushing them further away from qualification for European football. A tendency for goals could see them bounce back in style here, as only Spanish juggernauts Real Madrid (16) and Barcelona (18) have struck more times at home in LL this season than Valencia’s 15 goals.
- Opponents here Cádiz are arguably having an even worse time of it, after a 1-1 draw with Almería last time out kept them in 19th place. That’s as low as they’ve sat at this stage of a top-flight campaign since 1990/91. Most concerningly, their current record of W2, D6, L7 is identical to that of this time last season, when they finished only one point above safety, so perhaps the Andalucíans are heading towards some more dropzone drama!
- They might be only one point from safety ahead of this round, but no victories in their last four league away trips (D2, L2) means Cádiz have to tip the scales immediately. To make matters worse, the Pirates haven’t been a ‘patch’ on Valencia at the Mestalla historically, failing to win any competitive game at the venue since 1988/89 (D2, L7)!
- Key battle: Valencia’s Edinson Cavani has accumulated five goals from his last five LL contests and also netted in their defeat at rivals Villarreal. He may be pitting his wits against Cádiz ‘keeper Jeremías Ledesma, who hasn’t lost against Valencia in four LL matchups (W1, D3), whilst keeping successive clean sheets in both of last season’s fixtures.
- Hot streak: Valencia haven’t won a LL home game when conceding the first goal since March 2021 (D7, L5).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Valencia 0-1 Cadiz CF Predictions and Betting Tips 06.01.2023"