Almeria – Real Sociedad Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Almeria 0-2 Real Sociedad
Date: 08.01.2023 | Match at: 14:00 | League: SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 16 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Almeria – Real Sociedad Predictions and PREVIEW
- Almería were forced to settle for a 1-1 draw at Cádiz despite leading for over 40 minutes upon their return to La Liga (LL) action. That result means Almería have now failed to win over half of their league games when scoring the opener this season (W3, D2, L2), yet they’re still enjoying their second best ever top-flight points return after 15 games, behind only a 19-point haul at the same stage of 2007/08 when they secured an eighth-placed finish.
- Though Almería boss Rubi insisted he “didn’t know the exact number”, after 20 years on the touchline, he has recently clocked up his 600th game in professional management, 69 of which were with the Andalusian club (W34, D14, L21). Rubi alluded to the “great team-fans-city communion” during the week and it’s no surprise that the mood is positive given that only table-toppers Barcelona have won more home league games than Almería’s five this term (W5, L2).
- Imanol Alguacil’s Real Sociedad picked up right where they left off upon their return to league action, with a 2-0 win over Osasuna which kept their top-four challenge going at full tilt. Currently in his tenth consecutive year in his current stint with the club, Alguacil’s continued commitment was repaid with a contract extension during the World Cup break.
- Boasting an identical away league record as Almería at home (W5, L2), it could be fortuitous for Real Sociedad to be such warm favourites to take the spoils here. History suggests it will likely be an entertaining affair either way as both teams have scored at least twice in the last three top-flight H2Hs here (D2, L1), but with no side losing more often as pre-match away favourites in LL than Sociedad’s two times this term (W3, L2), extending that impressive travelling form certainly isn’t assured.
- Players to watch: Almería’s El Bilal Touré has scored three goals in nine league appearances since making the switch from France, each of which contributed to games with at least four goals. Arguably Sociedad’s key man, Brais Méndez has contributed to ten of their 21 league goals (G7, A3), including five match winning strikes.
- Hot stat: Almería have won a league-high three games as pre-match outsiders at home (W3, L2).