Auxerre – Toulouse Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Auxerre 0-5 Toulouse
Date: 11.01.2023 | Match at: 19:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 18 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Auxerre – Toulouse Predictions and PREVIEW
- After losing 1-0 to Nantes in what was a battle between relegation-threatened sides in their last league outing, Auxerre host Toulouse in another crucial contest. Knowing they must put points on the board quickly if they are to avoid demotion to the second tier for just the second time, the pressure is on against a fellow-promoted side AJA have only avoided defeat against once in their last seven meetings (W1).
- Last weekend’s Coupe de France penalties win over Dunkerque might have erased some tension, but Auxerre’s dire league form means only bottom-placed Angers (37) have conceded more goals so far. That’s more than they’ve ever conceded at this stage in their top-flight history, so they’ll hope the addition of loanee defender Isaak Touré can provide an immediate remedy.
- Sitting six points above their hosts, Toulouse have been drab visitors since winning their away Ligue 1 opener, having picked up just one point from their following seven away contests this season. Arriving here on the back of three-straight away day defeats, they are no strangers to this type of travelling form having also suffered six consecutive away defeats in their last Ligue 1 campaign (2019/20).
- The Violets could flower here however, having brushed aside relegation-threatened Ajaccio 2-0 last time out, in what manager Philippe Montanier described as a “satisfactory performance”. The boss might be cautiously optimistic, considering 17 of Toulouse’s 19 points this campaign have come against teams placed tenth or lower ahead of this round, making this appear a very winnable fixture for his side.
- Key battle: Despite just one clean sheet from their last 13 Ligue 1 contests, Auxerre may hope Benoît Costil can produce some heroics as he’s lost just one of his last nine league games against this opponent (W7, D1). The goalkeeper could have a tough time here however, with Toulouse’s Thijs Dallinga striking three goals from his last four appearances.
- Hot streak: Toulouse have conceded first in their last six league away games.