Rotherham – Blackburn Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Rotherham 4-0 Blackburn
Date: 14.01.2023 | Match at: 13:30 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 27 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36 | Bookie: Unibet.
Rotherham – Blackburn Predictions and Preview
- Having dropped alarmingly into the Championship relegation battle after two away losses in four days to Millwall (0-3) and Huddersfield (0-2), a week off from league action to play in the FA Cup may have seemed timely for Rotherham. However, a 4-1 cup defeat against League One Ipswich only served to amplify the pressure on boss Matt Taylor, whose side could find themselves in the bottom three after this round of fixtures with some unfavourable results elsewhere.
- A Rotherham victory against Blackburn would at least keep the Millers’ heads above the dotted line for another week, but with just one win from their last 12 league games against Rovers (D4, L7), that appears unlikely. It may be hard to find many glimmers of hope for Rotherham, but they are at least potent in attack at home, netting in all but one of their home league games this season, a record only table-topping Burnley can better.
- Blackburn still find themselves firmly in the playoffs mix despite a run of just two wins from six league games (L4) that has left automatic promotion unlikely. After finding the back of the net more than once in just one of their last nine Championship fixtures (W4, L5), manager Jon Dahl Tomasson has stressed the “need” for attacking reinforcements in the transfer window.
- Their all-or-nothing approach has produced a winner in all 26 of their Championship games (W14, L12), a streak that would end if they add to the three 1-1 draws accumulated from their last four league visits to Rotherham (L1). If they can replicate their second-half winner at home to Cardiff last round on the road, where they have scored just three second-half goals all Championship season, they could ward off a logjam of challengers for another round.
- Players to watch: With continued doubt over the future of Chiedozie Ogbene, Rotherham may look to Conor Washington as one of three other players to score in two Rotherham home wins this Championship season. The Northern Irishman has recorded two second-half goals across his last four competitive appearances. Far more prolific, Blackburn’s Ben Brereton Díaz needs one more Championship goal to hit double figures for a second successive campaign.
- Hot streak: Each of Rotherham’s 12 home league games this season has produced at least one first-half goal.