Lille – Troyes Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Lille 5-1 Troyes
Date: 15.01.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 19 | Tip: Home Win | Odds: 1.41 | Bookie: Unibet.
Lille – Troyes Predictions and Preview
- After recording five wins in their last seven Ligue 1 outings in 2022 (D1, L1), back-to-back draws against bottom-half sides means it has been a slow start to 2023 for Lille. Head coach Paulo Fonseca described their goalless draw away to relegation-battling Brest on Wednesday as “two points lost”, but Lille’s three-point gap to the top five ahead of the round is unlikely to worry him just yet.
- Fonseca won’t want his side to slip up again though, and the visit of Troyes is perhaps timely seeing Lille secured a 2-0 home victory against them as recently as last weekend in the French Cup! Unbeaten at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Ligue 1 since September in six closely-fought contests (W4, D2), the Dogues should feel confident of improving that record further against a Troyes side that have won just once at this stadium in seven competitive matches, losing the last two.
- The task is therefore complicated for the visitors, who make this trip after winning just one of their previous ten league matches (D5, L4) bookended by a 2-0 defeat to third-placed Marseille in midweek. Troyes coach Patrick Kisnorbo was disappointed after overseeing his first defeat since joining the club in November (W1, D1), but he was realistic afterwards, saying that he thought there was still work to be done to “compete with this kind of team”.
- It has been all or nothing for ESTAC on the road as they are the only Ligue 1 side yet to register an away draw this campaign (W3, L6). However, Kisnorbo will be determined to win this one, as he could be remembered as the first Troyes’s coach to win consecutive away top-flight games since Alain Perrin in 2001!
- Players to watch: Lille could rely on Jonathan David for a quick start as he has scored before half-time in six of his seven goalscoring Ligue 1 matches in 2022/23. Aiming to eclipse him will be Troyes’ striker Mama Baldé, who has scored six of his seven league goals this season on the road.
- Hot stat: Troyes’ away contests have witnessed a league-high average of 4.6 match goals.