Sheffield Utd – Hull Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Sheffield Utd 1-0 Hull
Date: 20.01.2023 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 28 | Tip: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Sheffield Utd – Hull Predictions and Preview
- There was no danger of dropped points for promotion-hunting Sheffield United last time out as they took the lead before the ten-minute mark and never let it slip in a 3-1 win over Stoke. That result came despite boss Paul Heckingbottom’s disturbed match preparations due to ongoing training pitch issues at Shirecliffe, but it certainly hasn’t knocked their stride with the Blades dropping just two of the last 21 available points (W6, D1).
- A yawning gap to third place provides further solace for the Blades and that current 11-point cushion could be provisionally extended if they can keep up their solid home form (W4, D2, L1). Making the short trip from East to South Yorkshire are Hull City, although such opposition are unlikely to blunt the Blades after a near five-year run without defeat in this H2H (W4, D1).
- The Tigers displayed their bite in a 1-1 draw with Huddersfield last time out however, netting a 96th-minute equaliser to extend their unbeaten Championship run to six games (W2, D4). That purple patch leaves Hull eight points above the dreaded dotted line and with only the top-two boasting longer current unbeaten runs, Liam Rosenior’s claim that his side “don’t know when they’re beaten” rings true.
- Playing away from home could be the key to extending their longest unbeaten run of the season even further as Hull haven’t lost any of their last seven road trips (W5, D2). They are actually in a minority of sides that have scored the majority of their goals and earned more points (56%) away from home, so the Blades will need to be at their sharpest if they are to see them off here.
- Players to watch: Sheffield United’s in-demand midfielder Sander Berge has made the scoreline 1-0 or 2-0 with all four of his goals this season, including in the 2-0 victory in the reverse fixture! Hull have their own difference maker in Óscar Estupiñán, as only two Championship players have contributed more of their team’s league total (36%) than the Colombian (G12).
- Hot stat: Hull are unbeaten in two thirds of their fixtures as betting outsiders in away league games this season (W4, D4, L4).