Augsburg – B. Monchengladbach Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Augsburg 1-0 B. Monchengladbach
Date: 25.01.2023 | Match at: 20:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 17 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.61 | Bookie: Unibet.
Augsburg – B. Monchengladbach Predictions and Preview
- The Bundesliga was welcomed back from its winter/World Cup break with a season-high 41 goals across the round, seven of which arrived in Augsburg’s valiant 4-3 loss at Borussia Dortmund on Sunday which saw the Bavarian side come back three times from a goal down before finally succumbing. That result extended their winless competitive run (D3, L6) and with the looming threat of relegation, Augsburg may have to improve their goal output (21), which appears to be heavily dependent on striker Ermedin Demirović (G6, A2).
- Despite their overall struggles, Augsburg have been competitive in first-half action managing to go down the tunnel level a league-high 11 times (HT: W3, D11, L2). Yet, staying competitive over 90 minutes may be crucial if they are to improve on their home Bundesliga record (W1, D2, L5) which is already the worst among all sides this season.
- One way to cheer up the home fans might be to highlight their top-flight home record of losing just once (W5, D5) against Borussia Mönchengladbach. The visitors are hoping to stay in contention for European qualification but even a late double couldn’t prevent their 3-2 Rhine Derby loss against Bayer Leverkusen on Sunday. No side has been part of more league games producing goals at both ends (12) which together with their average of 3.56 goals per game, makes the Foals an entertaining watch.
- That excitement hasn’t translated into results on the road however, with Gladbach remaining winless in away league games this campaign (D4, L3). The fans have been used to quick starts though, with three of Gladbach’s last four away Bundesliga games seeing the match opener arrive within the first 15 minutes.
- Players to watch: Mërgim Berisha has been a strong creative outlet (G3, A4) this campaign, with Augsburg managing ten points in the games he has contributed (W3, D1, L1). He could meet Gladbach’s Lars Stindl, who scored two goals as a substitute last time around, the first time he’s done so in the Bundesliga. He’s also enjoyed a productive time against Augsburg with 13 goal contributions (G6, A7) in 16 previous Bundesliga games.
- Hot streak: Gladbach haven’t conceded a goal before half-time in the last seven Bundesliga H2Hs.