Nice – Lille Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Nice 1-0 Lille
Date: 29.01.2023 | Match at: 13:00 | League: FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 20 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33 | Bookie: Unibet.
Nice – Lille Predictions and Preview
- Interim Nice manager Didier Digard has delivered some short-term stability to the club courtesy of four points from his two Ligue 1 matches. While their latest outing was a goalless draw with Reims, Digard stated that the result provided him ‘more clarity’ than their 6-1 win over Montpellier on his debut. Perhaps that helped to shed some light on his side’s goalscoring troubles, as despite that emphatic victory, no side in the top half of Ligue 1 has scored fewer goals than Nice (22).
- A return to the Allianz Riviera, where the Eaglets are unbeaten from their last five league games (W3, D2) and have conceded just one goal across their last three, could prove timely. Extending that run will be pivotal in closing their 12-point deficit to the European places at the halfway point of the season, but it will also require Nice to end a pattern of results in which the away side on the day has won each of their last three meetings with upcoming opponents Lille.
- The visitors will arrive on the south coast in fine form, going unbeaten in each of their six competitive games following the season’s resumption (W4, D2). Manager Paulo Fonseca is making quite an impression, guiding his side to their third-best points tally after 19 games in the last 11 seasons (34).
- That’s still not currently enough to put the Mastiffs inside one of the European places, with three points separating them from Monaco and Rennes ahead of this round. Bridging that gap may come down to improving results on the road, as Lille have won just two of their last six away league games (D1, L3).
- Players to watch: Nice top scorer Nicolas Pépé appears well placed to haunt his former employer, winning all three of his personal H2H meetings with them. Also his side’s leading marksman, Jonathan David finding the back of the net is a good omen for Lille, as they have won 30 of his 35 goalscoring appearances for the club (D3, L2).
- Hot stat: Only PSG have scored more than Lille’s six goals between the 76th minute and full-time in Ligue 1 away games this season.