Udinese – Verona Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Udinese 1-1 Verona
Date: 30.01.2023 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 20 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30 | Bookie: Unibet.
Udinese – Verona Predictions and Preview
- Manager Andrea Sottil is urging Udinese to “keep running strong” as they look to achieve their dream of securing European football. The Black and Whites finished matchday 19 in seventh place in Serie A (SA) after Kingsley Ehizibue’s late strike earned them a 1-0 victory over Sampdoria, which was their first win since the World Cup (D1, L2), and Sottil admitted they must be more consistent if they are to close the gap on the top six.
- Qualifying for a UEFA competition would be quite the achievement for Udinese, whose last top half SA finish came a decade ago. They have been dealt a huge blow this week though as it was confirmed that key man Gerard Deulofeu needs to see a specialist over a knee injury, hardly the news Sottil wanted as he seeks to end a run of six games in all competitions without a win at Stadio Friuli (D3, L3).
- The visit of a rejuvenated Verona therefore comes at the wrong time for Udinese, especially as the visitors boast a clean sheet in four of the last seven H2H clashes with the home side (W2, D3, L2). The Yellow and Blues will be searching for another clean sheet in this fixture as they look to continue their excellent run under new boss Marco Zaffaroni, who took charge in December and has lost only one of his four games in charge (W2, D1).
- Those two victories have helped lift Verona off the bottom of the table, although they remain in the relegation zone and Zaffaroni admits that the road to safety and a potential fifth straight season in SA will be “complicated.” If they are to climb out of the bottom three, they surely need to improve on the road, as no team in the top flight has picked up fewer than their total of three away points (D3, L6).
- Key battle: Udinese defender Rodrigo Becão has only beaten Verona once in six attempts (D3, L2), picking up a career-high four yellow cards in the process. He might come up against striker Darko Lazović, who has emphatically ended a 33-game goal drought for club and country by scoring three times in his last three appearances!
- Hot streak: After they kept a clean sheet in their opening three home league games, both teams have scored in Udinese’s last six SA outings at Stadio Friuli.