Augsburg – Hoffenheim Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Augsburg 1-0 Hoffenheim
Date: 17.02.2023 | Match at: 20:30 | League: GERMANY: BUNDESLIGA – ROUND 21 | Tip: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.68 | Bookie: Unibet.
Augsburg – Hoffenheim Predictions and Preview
- Times have been turbulent for Augsburg, who’ve at least shown some recent fight at the WWK Arena by winning both of their Bundesliga home games 1-0 since the turn of the year. Nevertheless, defeats in all three of their away games in the same period, including a disappointing 3-1 loss to Mainz last time out, has reignited relegation fears with the Fuggerstädter sitting in 13th place and worryingly for fans, just four points above the drop zone ahead of the round.
- A return to home comforts won’t necessarily soothe the Bavarian side, as despite Augsburg already racking up twice as many home wins in 2023 as they did before the World Cup, they still hold the second-worst home record in the league (W3, D2, L5). To compound matters further, Augsburg have lost their last three Bundesliga games against visitors here Hoffenheim, while their last seven home league H2Hs against this opponent have witnessed a total of six defeats (W1), all arriving by at least a two-goal margin.
- Still, Augsburg are bound to be boosted by their visitors’ dire form, as Hoffenheim are now ten games without a Bundesliga win (D2, L8) and sit two points and one place below their hosts ahead of this game. That’s the longest winless streak in the league, and a meagre 19 points after 20 matchdays is Hoffenheim’s third-worst points haul at this stage of a season since their promotion to the top-flight in 2008/09.
- The club have brought in coach Pellegrino Matarazzo to douse the flames, but he was unable to steer them away from a 3-1 defeat against Leverkusen on his debut last time out. It shouldn’t take him long to get to grips with Hoffenheim though, having worked several roles here previously, including as an assistant coach under Julian Nagelsmann, and his experience of successfully avoiding relegation with Stuttgart last season could prove crucial to Hoffenheim’s top-flight status.
- Players to watch: Mërgim Berisha has three goals from his last four games for Augsburg, two of which have been crucial in 1-0 home wins. Hoffenheim’s key man might be Christoph Baumgartner as he scored in their last away match, whilst all of his five league goals so far this season have been the first for his team.
- Hot stat: These teams are yet to draw a Bundesliga H2H at Augsburg with all games won by the team scoring first (Augsburg: W4, L7).