Watford – West Brom Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Watford 3-2 West Brom
Date: 20.02.2023 | Match at: 21:00 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 33 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34 | Bookie: Unibet.
Watford – West Brom Predictions and Preview
- Watford played party-poopers on Valentine’s Day when their 1-1 draw at Turf Moor stopped Championship leaders Burnley from winning a record-breaking 11th straight Championship game. But more importantly for them, it kept them inside the division’s top six, which has been a growing concern in recent weeks due to the Hornets’ winless streak, which has now been extended to five league matches (D4, L1).
- Manager Slaven Bilić described the draw as feeling “like a defeat” due to conceding a goal inside second-half stoppage time. That’s a problem that has plagued Watford this season as they’ve now conceded ten league goals after the 75th minute, a total only three teams have exceeded ahead of this gameweek. Likely to be out of the top-six come kickoff time on Monday, Watford really need to start converting some of their recent draws into wins, especially at home where they’ve won only once in their last five games (W1, D3, L1).
- West Brom are one of those sides trying to profit from Watford’s dip in form, as they come into the round in tenth and just two points behind their hosts, despite having played one game less. They were also forced to settle for a 1-1 draw after conceding in the dying moments during mid-week action when they welcomed Blackburn, meaning it’s just one win in four league matches (D1, L2) for the Baggies.
- Both teams are obviously in desperate need of a win to revitalise their campaigns, yet recent H2H form leans more towards the home side than the visitors. West Brom are winless in four league visits to Vicarage Road (D2, L2) while failing to score in each of their last three encounters there. And while Carlos Corberán’s men might boast one of the Championship’s better attacks on paper (G40), it’s worth noting that they found the back of the net only once during their last three competitive away games (L3).
- Players to watch: Ismaïla Sarr opened the scoring in the last H2H (1-1), and Watford are unbeaten in the last four matches in which he netted (W3, D1). While Jed Wallace has registered more league goal contributions than any other West Brom player (G4, A6), his disciplinary record has come into question recently with two yellow cards across his last four competitive matches.
- Hot stat: Watford’s Bilić welcomes his former club with a record of just one win in five H2H meetings (D3, L1).
Be the first to comment on "Match Preview: Watford 3-2 West Brom Predictions and Betting Tips 20.02.2023"