Millwall – Burnley Predictions
We can help you in betting. With our prediction and betting tips you can earn money.
Millwall 1-1 Burnley
Date: 21.02.2023 | Match at: 20:45 | League: ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 29 | Tip: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37 | Bookie: Unibet.
Millwall – Burnley Predictions and Preview
- Almost immediately after they dispatched one automatic promotion contender at the weekend when conquering Sheffield United 3-2, another tough game swiftly comes around for Millwall. That victory over the Blades was certainly one of the weekend’s eye-catching results, with boss Gary Rowett insisting he was “proud” of his side’s effort, but following that up against runaway league leaders Burnley would arguably be even more impressive for the play-off chasing Lions.
- Given that Millwall are unbeaten at home in this league since mid-September (W6, D4), it would be brave to write them off here. Their overachievement can be illustrated by an outstanding record of W4, D1 in that period at home to clubs in the top-ten going into this round, proving that playing at The Den can be a leveller against the big-hitters of the Championship
- Having just come through one of their toughest tests of the season with a 1-0 victory at Luton, Burnley boss Vincent Kompany insisted he “loved the scars of battle” as a player and therefore took “a lot of pride and pleasure” in overcoming a difficult away trip. The triumph came at a cost for the Clarets after the influential Nathan Tella limped off to join their growing injury list ahead of what will likely be another stern and physical test in South London.
- Burnley have routinely risen to those challenges on the road, winning their last five successive Championship away games. Three wins ‘to nil’ from their last four visits to The Den should further swell Burnley’s confidence in their ability to win a sixth successive Championship away game for the first time ever, whilst they’re also pursuing their first H2H league double over Millwall since 1998/99 after winning the reverse fixture 2-0 back in August.
- Players to watch: Fresh and firing after a hat-trick against Sheffield United, Millwall’s Tom Bradshaw has now opened the scoring in each of his last five goal scoring appearances this season. Another match winner at the weekend, Ashley Barnes has opened the scoring from the penalty spot in his last three away goal scoring appearances.
- Hot stat: No Championship side has led at the break in more away league games this season than Burnley (eight).